Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Lets Escape

Since my little Fenway got mangled in a threesome, oops, I mean, a three-car pile-up, I had been riding large in a Ford Escape. Yes, the insurance company hooked me up while I waited patiently for the life assurance policy on Fenway to cash in, and I have to say, “I LOVED IT”. It’s an SUV that doesn’t scream “Soccer Mom”, but it does scream “Sporty”. It’s neither too big, nor too small, it’s simply my Goldilocks, everything about it was just right.

I told Husband I was keeping it. The Ford Escape was now “Mine”. The insurance company could say whatever they wanted, but the vehicle was in my hands now and I was keeping it. So inspired by the name was I, that I even planned road trips and day trips up into the mountains, just me and my Ford and a couple of friends. Life was so much better with my Escape. My daily commute to work had become a joy, wait, that’s the wrong word, commuting to work every day is certainly no joy, but in this car, it was definitely more bearable and fun.

“Was, had”, all words representing the past tense, cos sadly, the check arrived the other day for Fenway and so my foster vehicle was ripped from my kong fu like grip and returned to it’s rightful home, back at the rental agency. To be honest it took everything in my power to not throw myself on the floor and start kicking and screaming like a spoilt 2 year old. I wanted to keep it so bad. Husband told me I could drive his truck until we sorted out another car, but I took the keys from him with a bowed head and puffed out lower lip mumbling something about it not being the same. Childish I know, but I couldn’t help myself. I Loved it. I got attached so quickly and I miss it every time I get behind the wheel of any car I drive lately.

Look at his shiny, sporty self. So perfect

Fintan did his best to stop the insurance company showing up to claim back their vehicle by constantly patrolling and securing it's perimeter. Such a loyal kitty.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sis

Nice SUV, can see why you liked it. Fintan is doing a great job as security guard.

With Xmas around the corner, if you were a good girl all year you'd never know what Santa could bring. :)

Shinks said...

Don't tease, are you getting me the cae or not???

Shinks said...

Oops, I mean "car". See how excited I am at the idea, I can't even tap the right keys.

Anonymous said...

Like I said before, if you were a good girl all year, you'd never know what Santa could bring

Anonymous said...

So that's obviously a no to getting her the new suv!! Ha ha!!

What did you mean welcome back?? I hadn't gone anywhere!!!!! I was just watching in silence waiting for my moment!!!

But it never arrived so I had to just go with the flow!!

Jackie E. said...

Hey Karen. How's it going? My brother drives a Ford Escape so I can fully appreciate how nice and comfortable this SUV is. It motivated me to buy an SUV and since I didn't want to be a copy cat, I ended buying a Chevrolet Equinox, which is Chevy's smallest SUV and I love it too! You should check them out when you're on your car hunt - they're really affordable, especially if you get one that's a couple years old. Good luck with the search and I'm glad that you didn't get hurt in the threesome...oops, I mean three car pile up;-)

Shinks said...

Alan: Ok, should I be offended that you were waiting for a moment to come out of silence, but it never arrived? Does that mean my words have not moved you in anyway lately?? Wash you mouth out with soap, evey word I right is deep, DEEP, you have a heart of stone if you are in no way moved. ;)

Jackie: Am so glad were are on the same page. I thought I was crazy for getting so attached to a vehicle, normally I can just take'em or leave'em it never really matters what I drive, until I meet the Escape. Now this is the barometer I will measure all cars against. But I will definitely give Mr. Equinox a look over.