Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Little Dramatic? Maybe

Christmas is fast approaching and I'm definitely feeling the pressure. As per usual, I have left everything until the last second and I mean everything, including where Husband and I were going to spend this festive season.

We try to keep it balanced and alternate between both our families each year. This year it was Irelands turn, however some major things had the potential of happening that in the name of playing fair, we decided to do Christmas in Boston. But the major things did not end up panning out, not yet anyway, so we’re adhering to the rules established and making Ireland our holiday destination.

And due to the fact that I cannot stand the malls, cos I can’t stand crowds, especially this time of year, I have avoided doing any Christmas shopping. But as usual my back is against the wall and I’m seriously running out of time. So now I must face the dreaded mall with it’s full to capacity parking and it’s under pressure, agitated and aggressive last minute shoppers, just like myself. I’m absolutely dreading it. Honestly, you have no idea what a nightmare this will be and cos my heart rate is through the roof and my mind is racing in anticipation of the inevitable, I can’t even put together a thoughtful blog on the issue.

But it must be done cos I don’t think my nearest and dearest will appreciate, although animated and dramatic, my long list of reasons as to why they have received the gift of nothingness for Christmas. I could always argue that just my being there is gift enough, but am sure nobody will buy it.

5 comments:

Silja said...

hahaha ...
just do it !!!!
who doesn´t love shopping (It´s more fun when you´re shopping for yourself though)

Well good luck! You´re welcome spending christmas in Iceland ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sis

Internet shopping is the way forward. Like you I hate the whole shopping/crowds thing. It drives me up the feckin wall. So bought all gifts online and had them delivered to me.

So all Xmas shopping done and no stress its great.

Shinks said...

Sil: if it doesn't go well this weekend, I will definitely be laying low in Iceland, just till Christmas blows over.

Ed: the only thing with internet shopping is that you MUST be ORGANISED. You need to know what your gettting everyone and leave plenty of time for shipping etc.. "I" on the other hand, NOT organised and at this stage getting it before I leave tuesday, probably not possible. But hey, what if we just add my name to your gifts?? Excellent idea me thinks ;)

Anonymous said...

Shinks...
far from the topic, but thought to give a moment of celebration...that your blog turned a year old!!!yaaay
about the crowd...gimmme more!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas Karen and hubby!! Hope Santa manage to bring you what you wanted.... I would be guessing he may have had a bit of trouble fitting it down the chimney though!!