Thursday, February 25, 2010

Its All About The Small Things


Its the small things that matter, thats what I tell Husband all the time. Its not always about the expensive gifts, the oversized bouquet of flowers or the big shiny diamonds, although once in a while would be nice (wink, wink Honey), but more often than not, its all about the small things. The texts messages. The hidden notes. The little gifts brought home just cos it made you think of me. These are the things that matter. The things that make me smile.


A couple of weeks ago one of my best friends, Jennifer was getting ready to design her new business card. Jennifer is a rockin make-up artist working hard on getting her own business started, so she asked if I would take her head-shots.

We got together on a chilly but dry Sunday morning, set up a mini studio and had a blast working a variety of different looks. Some even had the added touch of lipstick on the teeth, a new and edgy trend both of us felt would never catch on, so we opted to not include these particular photos in the final cut. Instead we went for the shot that Jennifer looked most like herself, natural, fresh and honest.

And can I tell you, when the cards arrived from the printers, I was blown away. The text and layout was simple, yet professional and when I flipped it over, there was Jennifer, my photo, looking stunning and amazing. My smile was as wide as the grand canyon. I was so excited for her and extremely honored to have helped, even in a small way, put together the type of business card she was proud of and one that I know will lead Jennifer towards a thriving and successful business.


Jennifer, you are a smart and driven women. You have a huge heart and even huge’er (yeah, I said that) personality. While my part in your venture is small, I hope it contributes to something much bigger down the line.


And just in case your curious, here is the final result, Jennifer’s business card, front and back.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so true, Jen u r so beautiful inside and out!!!blessings on your new venture.