Thursday, February 4, 2010

Girl Interrupted

To say its been one of those weeks is a complete understatement. If I was a man, I think I'd be working a comb-over right now. Stress affects us all in different ways, for some reason men loose their hair, or so my dad's been telling me for years. I however appear to have walked onto the set of some 1920's movie, you know, where motion is captured unrealistically fast. Where the cops are chasing the bad guys, or the cowboys are chasing the Indians in that jerky, fast-forward, wobbly style of film making of the time? I am the classic chicken with her head cut off. So much to do. No idea where to begin. Nothing is getting done. Solutions are nowhere to be found. Can't focus. Can't focus. Stress levels are ballooning. Emotions are high. I want to cry. No, I think I want to laugh. No, wait, I definitely want to cry. Hold on, where's Husband? Maybe if I yell at him? Yes, I know its not fair, but do I need to remind you "FOR BETTER OR WORSE". "FOR BETTER OR WORSE I TELL YOU". Well welcome to worse.

I am a classic Girl Interrupted right now and its exhausting. Living inside my brain this week has been nothing but draining. I'm so ready for the weekend. I'll be flying up to Boston Friday after work where I'll be pacing the women's 1 km at the Boston Indoor Games. Really looking forward to that. The change of scenery. The opportunity to burn off some nervous energy on the track is probably just what I need right now. That or a fruity girlie cocktail complete with mini umbrella, preferably pool side on some tropical Island. Hmm, maybe that can be the plan B.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,I hope you can make it up to Boston. The weather is not looking to good. Good Luck.