Monday, May 12, 2008

Today I Learned...

Today I learned to call Silja a “Bitch” in her own language. The language of Icelandic. I don’t know what was up with her, but today on the track she was acting like a 4 year and it was a bit contagious for a while. Especially when we were trying to do our bounds and med-ball throws. For anyone out there who does any bounding or med-ball throwing in their spare time or is interested in pursuing such an activity, just be aware, it’s damn near impossible to laugh and bound or throw simultaneously. The result is just a couple of girls looking like a hot mess.

But we were definitely enjoying ourselves. Then it was time to get serious and do some sprinting. I was on the line focused and ready to smack out some fast 50m flys. At the exact second I took my first 2 steps, Silja decided it would be hilarious to starting shouting some random comments at me. I continue on down the track but my run was totally messed up. I'm laughing hard on the inside and now thanks to her, I have to add an extra sprint onto my session. And that’s when I used my new word “Tik” to tell Silja what I thought of her.



No comments: