Sunday, May 18, 2008

Dreamy Goodbye's

I like wondering about dreams. Dreams that you have when your sleeping that is. I’m not so into it that I have books on the topic, but I often wonder about the hidden messages and meanings behind some of the things I dream about. Which leads me into a dream I had Friday night.

I don’t remember the full dream sequence, just a portion. But in it I discovered my cat, Fintan, could speak. Initially it was just myself and himself in a room and we were playing. All of a sudden he turned to me and spoke in a deep man’ish voice. Obviously I was shocked but I tried not to overreact, just in case I scared him back into silence. But I needed to know I wasn’t mad and that I had in fact, just heard my kitty speak. So I leaned in carefully and said, “What did you say Fintan?” He repeated his sentence. I scooped him up and brought him into Husband’s office. I put him on the desk and said, “Husband, you need to hear this. Go ahead Fintan, tell him what you told me”. Fintan did nothing but check out his surrounding. Husband scooped him up, and I gently patted his head to show him I had his back and he was safe. Again, in a gentle and encouraging voice I said “Its ok Fintan, just tell him what you told me”. Fintan then turned to Husband and said, “Brigitte Foster has 5 pieces of furniture

For all you non-athletic fans, Brigitte Foster is a 100m hurdler from Jamaica that Husband manages. I know her, but we’re not tight. We don’t e-mail or call or any of that stuff. We have pleasant conversations if we’re in the same space at the same time, but other than that I have no idea why she was on my mind and definitely no idea why my cat was talking about her and her furniture. Weird. Just plain weird and I’ve no idea what the meaning or hidden message is here. Other than the obvious. I’m slowly going crazy.

In other news, Silja’s 6-week stay with us is over. BoooooooHooooooooo. I dropped her at the airport a few hours ago and already I miss her. I miss coming into my kitchen and seeing spots of red all over my counter tops from her sloppy technique in smoothie making. As I was cleaning, I flirted with the idea of leaving 1 or 2 in her honor, just so I can re-live my agitation every morning. I will definitely miss her bright hair and her even brighter personality on the track as well as her constant concern about her tan lines.

Bye bye Silja. I don’t know if you’ll ever be back, but I will definitely be putting Iceland on my list of travel destinations. Keep up the hard training.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what Fintons first words will be... BITCH!

Hei U never said anything about my countertop... lol ... you are such a crazy b*** ...

I´m finally back home tired as hell - and it´s sunny here - and vignir fixed the balcony!

Miss you

Shinks said...

Thank God he didn't paint your wall black.
Also, was trying not to be anal house-wife, so said nothing. But now your gone, all bets are off.

Anonymous said...

What happened to 'What I learnt Monday'?? Waiting for the post??/


How is the training for the olympics going?? Will you make it in time? How many more qualifying events are there left??

Shinks said...

Sorry about the "What I learned Monday". I'll get right on it this evening and explain why I'm 2 days late.