Tuesday, January 1, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Happy New Year to you all. It's officially 2008 and another Olympic year. Honestly, it doesn't feel like it's been that long since the last Olympics. This is an occupational hazard for all athletes. Our lives are always measured, planned and plotted in blocks of 4 years. We try to work out our living, training, eating, travel and competing in a way that allows us to peak right on time to firstly qualify for the Olympics, then to do it all again, but better at the Olympics. Even though I'm not competing anymore, I'm still conditioned. It'll be a while before this habit breaks.

So what about my New Years resolutions? This is still a work in progress. But I will definitely update once I have my list finalised.

But the Shinkins family will be kick starting their year with a wedding. Yes, my older brother is getting married. And not a minute too soon. The big day is Friday Jan 4th. So as you can imagine these final days are packed full of crunch time, last minute wedding details and duties. This evening we had the ceremony rehearsal. As is the norm in Ireland, the ceremony will be taking place in a church. I included a picture of the church above, cos it just looked so cool, yet the teeniest bit haunting in the way it was lit up. This also happens to be the church where husband and I sealed our own deal 2 years ago. Oh the memories.
Inside is still decorated with all the Christmas lights and looks so pretty. See below. It's definitely going to add a little sum'in sum'in to the day.

No comments: