Saturday, April 18, 2009

Prom, Paula & Perry Style

Prom season has kicked off here in the United States. WaaaaHoooo. A huge and exciting time in the life of every teenager and their family. And this past Friday I had the absolute pleasure of capturing a few Pre-Prom moments for the stunning Paula and her handsome date Perry.

Paula is the daughter of Nancy, a good friend of my good friend Mike (I know, a tad confusing, re-read it again, slowly) who booked me to help provide Paula and her family with some long term, cherished memories of this, her first Prom.

The Pre-Prom gathering was happening at Marietta Gardens and once I arrived and saw Paula and Perry, I was pumped. She looked amazing in her hot pink dress. A dress that was reminiscent of old Hollywood glam, that matched her skin tone impeccably and one that I knew would look completely fierce in all the photos. Perry’s James Bond with a twist tux had him looking very suave and demure and his handsomeness popped fabulously against his solid white jacket.

I would have loved to spend a couple hours getting some bold and fabulous shots of these young Prom’sters, but time was limited and understandably both Paula and Perry were anxious to meet up with their friends and get the party started already.

But I have put together a slide show of some of my favorites. So click below if your curious.


Love this photo of Paula. It shows off her killer accessories and hair.

http://kshinkins.smugmug.com/gallery/7939358_amneL/4/515230781_revpq

2 comments:

Alan said...

Wow!! So you've gone all professional now eh? Could you not of come up with a more interesting name though? 'Karen Shinkins Photography' very boring and too professional sounding!! 'Shinks Shoots' would be much more dynamic!!Ha ha!!

Do you have a policy of only using good looking people in your photo's? This is another set of photo's with another hot babe in it!! I like that style!!! Ha ha ha!!!

Shinks said...

What can I say, I love my name, I think its perfect.
And I know, how fabulous are my clients? Fierce, all of them.