Friday, November 7, 2008

Chunky Monkey

For anyone out there who has ever wondered what happens to the rock hard, toned and muscular bodies of professional athletes once they retire, then I am about to share.

Some of us manage to stay active and maintain a basic level of fitness and while the ripped and shredded factor may be reduced, we still retain that toned appearance.

Then there are those who feel they have physically worked hard enough during their professional careers to warrant never ever stepping inside a weight room or onto a track again. They have paid their dues, so now its sofa and pizza time.


Now we all remember my dear friend Silja, who decided to retire from the world of track and field back in July. Well, in the few short months since her retirement, I’m sorry to say that Silja has managed to let things slip, just a little. I recently, as in early this week, received an e-mail from Silja and with it was a photo of her and another friend. I’m not sure if it was the angle of the picture or the type of clothes she was wearing, but girl looked FAT. I couldn’t believe it. She was so big that it looked like she'd swallowed a small person. Which is actually not too far off the mark.
Cos SILJA IS PREGNANT. Yes you read it correctly. Silja and Vignir are having a baby. And even though the news was a bit of a blow to both of us (myself and Silja) at the start, we are now completely on board and cannot wait for the little Ice-Berg to get here.

So CONGRATUALTIONS SILJA AND VIGNIR, I know I am not directly related to either of you, but that has not stopped me claming the title of Auntie Shinks. Weather you like it or not, its gonna happen, so get use to it. And P.S Silja, those clothes you’re wearing look waaay too tight, I’m going to finally send you that MuMu we’ve been talking about. It’s not the most flattering, but its best for the baby. Ha!


Silja is the chunky momma on the right.



And here is baby Ice-Berg. Not sure if it's a boy or girl yet, but as you can see from the scan, baby has no problem finding it's nose. Silja insists it's scratching it's forehead. Whatever girl, your baby is already a nose picker, get use to it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jesus... I didn´t see this blog coming...

Hey I really need to explain the pink dress (and the black bra lol) ... My friend is getting married so we all met before and the theme was pink... and this was my underdress...

And no it´s not picking it´s nose... stop being so mean you dyke... lol!

Talk to you soon Auntie Shinkins... hehe! You need to move closer by so we can visit ;)

Anonymous said...

LMAO, Shinks you are soooo damn silly. Your next, ha ha.

Smitty :)

Shinks said...

Easy Smitty, don't forget, your married too now, YOU might be next.

Anonymous said...

He´s/she´s cute... :)
Vignir

Shinks said...

Yes Vignir, you did a great job. Baby is cute. But definitly a nose picker.